As our 5-year anniversary approaches, I find myself looking back to those sweet anticipatory days before our wedding... I found this post that I wrote exactly 5 years ago today, and I thought I'd share. Makes me smile :)
So the closer the wedding gets, the more I've had time to reflect on how
blessed I am to be marrying such an incredible, strong man. I really hit
the "love jackpot" with this one, and I can't wait to be his wife in 3
days! With that said, I thought I'd share my top 10 reasons I love him
and feel so thankful for God putting him in my life. (Note: this is more
for ME to look back on in the future, but I'm still okay with the
blogger universe reading as well...obviously!)
1. Just the
simplest little note in an email can make me melt...like this one
yesterday: "I'm so excited to be married to you. I can't wait. You are
such a blessing to me."
2. He is still the most polite, chivalrous guy I've ever met...He'll hold the door for me, and then the 10 people behind me!
3. He's the most selfless, caring, compassionate guy and always puts me (and others) before himself.
4. He protects me and makes me feel safe no matter what.
5. Nothing compares to his hugs.
6. He tells me I'm beautiful, and I actually believe him.
7. He treats my friends and family as wonderfully as if they were his.
He's overly nice to strangers, (like the drive-thru guy at Wendy's) and
strikes conversation wherever he goes. Sometimes it's embarrassing, but
mostly I love him for that :)
9. He can't wait to call me "wifey".
I know he'll be the BEST husband to me, and the BEST father to our
children someday. Now if only we could agree on the number. :)
I love you Ryan McCrady!!!
Love, Your adoring fiance.